Resilience and Innovation in Turbulent Times
June 18, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel
Are you experimenting with new ways of tackling complex challenges in your business, community, or government department?
Do you recognize that the same old thinking will only lead to the same old results?
Are you a systems thinker who brings together unlikely partners to generate more sustainable and resilient solutions?
If so, this event is for you. Through keynotes, story-telling, and interactive dialogue you will gain valuable new insights, skills, and connections. You will…
• see your own initiative within the context of a growing social innovation movement
• experience the power of authentic engagement and the conditions needed to make it happen.
• recognize patterns of change and classic barriers to taking innovation to scale.
• acquire language and frameworks that will help you legitimize innovation and rally support.
• practice the leadership qualities of a successful change-maker: listening, sense-making, story-telling, and the integration of new ideas.
• forge new connections with change-makers from Nova Scotia and around the world.
Speakers include Peter Block, author of The Abundant Community; Tim Brodhead, Canadian spokesperson for social innovation and former CEO of the McConnell Family Foundation; Danny Graham, champion for restorative justice and progressive leadership; and Frances Westley, leading social innovation scholar.
8:30 am. Registration
9:00 am. Welcome & opening keynote. Danny Graham
9:20 am. The resilient community. Peter Block
10:50 am. Break
11:10 am. Pathways for taking social innovation to scale. Frances Westley
12:00 pm. Lunch
12:45 pm. Stories from the field
2:25 pm. Break
2:45 pm. Sense-making: themes and patterns
3:20 pm. Reflections by Tim Brodhead
3:50 pm. Closing
4:00 pm. Depart
$195, includes lunch.
[include type=”faculty” program=”june18″ content=”full”]