The Netherlands • 26-31 March
Leadership is a journey without final destination and with few reliable maps. More than ever, leaders, managers, and entrepreneurs must build the road as they walk it. To do this they need to be creative, resilient, resourceful, and courageous. They need tools for working in complex, shifting environments. In times of unstable resources, they need to invite and empower everyone’s leadership, including their own.
The ALIA Intensive is a place where you can strengthen this kind of leadership while working on your current project. Here you will find yourself at eye level with thought leaders, artists, meditation teachers, and inspired leaders, managers, and change-makers from across Europe.
You will leave ready to
• step into leadership in a way that is authentic for you
• engage uncertainty and change as your allies
• bring out the leadership in others
• navigate effectively through challenge and complexity
• apply new lenses and strategies to your current leadership goal or project
ALIA creates the conditions for empowered leadership and innovation. Bring your challenge, bring your opportunity, bring yourself.
The Leadership Intensive weaves together three integrated streams: foundations of authentic leadership, skill-building for action, and community dialogue and exchange. Learn more about ALIA’s integrated approach.
Foundations of authentic leadership
Each day begins with a session that strengthens presence, alignment, and creativity. This sets a shared foundation for the day’s learning and conversations while also introducing practices that can be applied back home. These sessions are led by experienced mindfulness teachers and professional artists, including Barbara Bash, Michael Chender, Jerry Granelli, Susan Skjei, and Chris Tamdjidi. Read more about ALIA’s application of mindfulness and creative processto leadership. You will also join two other people in a peer-coaching triad that meets periodically during the week.
Skill-building for action
You will choose one of the following 15-hour parallel tracks, each led by master practitioners in their fields.
- Beyond Yes: Lead Wisely and Live Fully by Mastering the Negotiation Within with Erica Ariel Fox
- Presencing: Leading Change for a Sustainable Future with Jane Corbett, Martin Kalungu-Banda & Jim Marsden
- Change Lab: Co-Creating New Social Realities with Lenneke Aalbers & Adam Kahane
- Hosting Transformation: The Art of Stewarding Systems Change with Tim Merry, Charlotte Millar & Toke Paludan Moeller
- Women Leaders Coming Into Their Own: Feminine Leadership In Action with Dorian Baroni and Yolanda Nokuri Hegngi
Community dialogue and exchange
• How can we empower leadership for resilient communities and organisations?
• How do some institutions not only survive, but even thrive through times of (economic) crisis?
This stream will begin with a simple but lively storytelling format that originated among architects and artists in Japan.
During the rest of the week, you will have opportunities to engage with these stories, share your own, and invite others to help you move forward with your current questions and challenges.
See also the daily schedule.
Individual, NGO, Government: €1800
Note: fees do not include meals and accommodations. A limited number of scholarships are available. For more information, see the Fees and Logistics page.
Please contact the ALIA Europe office with any questions.